Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 5

So, yesterday I posted that the runt was nothing to worry about. Well I was wrong. After a little research, I found out that the baby could be suffering from FKS (Fading Kitten Syndrome). Brian took the other kittens out of the crate, to give the little one some time to feed without being kicked in the face, and smothered by it's brothers and sisters. He'll be doing that every few hours this morning, until I get off work at noon, and to Petco to pick up a can of KMR (Kitten Milk Replacement) and a feeding bottle.
UPDATE: We've spent an hour or so trying to feed the runt. She hasn't taken to the bottle, or syringe. I've been looking all over the internet, and everything points to FKS. If anyone has experience with an underweight kitten in their litter, I would really appreciate any related advice. I'm going to try to give her more alone time to nurse from mom the next couple says and will probably take her to the vet tomorrow. I'm hoping that everything turns out alright, and I'll keep you guys posted on her condition. 

She is the black one on the bottom



No comments:

Post a Comment