Sunday, June 20, 2010

Buh Bye Now!

Today was the day the kittens went up for adoption at Lied Animal Shelter. On the way to the shelter, Brian coached them on how to get adopted by being "cute and quiet". Brian and I said our goodbyes, and they took the crate to the holding area. The problem I have with fostering at a kill-shelter is the worry always lurking in the back of my mind, wondering if they'll be euthanized after all of the effort we put into them.

I know I've been talking about switching up shelters, but it's hard to pass by all the cats in the shelter and not look at their tags. We told the foster coordinator that we were looking for something more short-term or a small litter, but ended up at a litter of 9. Peeping through the bars were 10 sweet little sets of eyes, and they melted my heart right away. They'll be ready for a foster home on Tuesday, so I still have some time to think it over, but we're pretty sure they're coming home..

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow a litter of 9!!!? I didn't even know that was possible - LOL

    And yes, I can only imagine how hard that must be fostering for a kill shelter :( Ugh, I give you much credit for that.

    ReplyDelete