Friday, June 4, 2010

All Grown Up

I wrangled up all the fosters in my very large crate for their checkup on Wednesday. I usually feed the cats right when I get home from work, but that wasn't happening today, since my appointment was set an hour after I got off work. I ended up sticking a can in my purse, and let me tell you, there's nothing that makes you feel more like "the cat lady" than carrying around cat food in your purse. Little did I know, this meal I gave the family before the vet got to our room, was the last family dinner they would have. Kittens are weaned onto wet food, and Mama's 'teats' were no longer needed. It was a bittersweet moment, although it marks that the kittens are all in great health, hearing the kittens cry for their mom (and the thought that Mama is missing her kittens as well) is heart wrenching. My babies are all grown up!

1 comment: